Searching for a place to spend a hot summer day in Kuwait? Do you want to discover an enjoyable way of spending some quality time with your family? Then the Ice Skating Rink in Kuwait City is the perfect place to be. It is a great attraction for the sport enthusiast and the first of its kind in the Gulf region and the Middle East. This rink was put together in 1980, which was completely renovated after being greatly damaged during the Iraqi invasion in 1990.
The arena consist two rinks in total:
• An Olympic-size rink (1800 m²) with an arena that can have a room for 1600 plus a VIP balcony.
• A much smaller rink of an area of 800 m² which can hold up to 600 spectators.
These rinks are artificially or mechanically-frozen where a coolant produces cold in the surface below the water of the rink, causing it to freeze.
The Organization also provides training courses. Skating equipments and facilities can be rented or bought from the indoor store or you can carry your own belongings. The skating complex also includes a shoe-changing area, a first aid facility and a small café. The ice skating rink is open from 8:30am to 10:00pm daily (except for Saturdays) with different intervals. Don’t forget to carry warm clothes for yourself and your family, especially for infants, as the temperature is quite low inside.
Pls. refer to the information stated below for timings, entrance fare and a route guide.
• Time Table For Ice Skating Rink
From 8:30 am to 10:00 am
From 10:30 am to 12:00 pm
From 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm
From 2:30 pm to 4:00 pm
From 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm
From 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm
From 8:30 pm to 10:00 pm
• Entrance & Skating Fee: 1.500 KD / Person for each period.
• None Skating companions: 500 Fils/ Person.
• Monthly Membership: 40 KD.
• Location of Kuwait Ice Skating Rink: http://maps.google.com.kw/maps?f=q &source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=kuwait+ice+skating+rink&aq =&sll=29.300771,47.727356&sspn=1.12811,1.683655&num=10&ie=UTF8 &hq=ice+skating+rink&hnear=Kuwait&ll=29.360745,47.976737 &spn=0.016682,0.042658&z=15
For more information please call: 22411151 / 22411152