Procedure: Visit Visa for Parents (Latest Dec 2017)

posted by Karuna Karan

After a lot of hassle, finally got the visit visas. If you want to bring your parents then your birth certificate else if its wife's, then her birth certificate. Here goes the procedure...

1. Birth Certificate (Original attested from Kuwait embassy in India)

2. Translate Birth Certificate into Arabic

3. Clearance Certificate. Go to Ministry of Justice (MOJ) in Liberation Tower, 1st floor. Original Civil ID of the Sponsor (Self or Wife), 1/2 KD stamp.

4. Get the Arabic translated BC attested. Submit Original BC, Clearance Certificate and translation document. 2 KD stamp. MOJ in Ministry Complex (Opp. to Liberation Tower).

5. Go to Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Shuwaikh not Liberation Tower). Get two 5 KD Stamp. In the counter they will attest the original BC and Arabic translation.

6. Go to Jawazat (as per your governate). Submit typed visa application, copies of civil id, isnamel (work permit), passport, residency page, arabic translated BC, visitor passport (parents), relationship affidavit. Take their token after submission to go next day.
In my case, i brought my wife's parents, so included her copies of civil id, passport, residency page as well.
Note: some say no need relationship affidavit from embassy, but they asked and took from me. Don't have to give the original arabic translated BC, keep for future use.

7. Give token at the counter. 3 KD stamp. Follow what they say and collect your Visit Visa.

Hope this helps.

Like 2   DisLike 1
Posted On 12/6/2017 1:43:41 AM by Raj

Thanks for the updates

Posted On 12/6/2017 1:49:03 AM by TT

Thanks for the information.
most difficult task is birth certificate attestation in india

Posted On 12/6/2017 1:57:23 AM by Riyz husain

thanks for info,

what if we dont have birth certificate?

Posted On 12/6/2017 2:44:56 AM by John

This is in which jawazat?
And did you attest the relation affidavit from embassy?

Posted On 12/6/2017 3:36:18 AM by Farhan

from where did u got Clearance Certificate?
did you attest the relation affidavit from embassy?
Salary requirement?

Posted On 12/6/2017 3:44:55 AM by MISKEEN EXPAT


Posted On 12/6/2017 4:37:04 AM by Visit Visa

Thank you for providing such informative feedback.

Could you also please update us on the following
1) Relationship affidavit from Indian embassy need to be attested from Foreign Affairs?
2) Are your parents above 65 years?

Mine got rejected today. I do not know the reason. I submitted today and got the update online. They too ask me the affidavit but i said i have only BC

Posted On 12/6/2017 8:52:26 PM by AJ

For how many months you got visa? 1 or 3?
And which Jawazat?

Please let us know.

Posted On 12/6/2017 9:36:52 PM by Indian

Hai, may I know about visit visa for parents.
1) is it necessary that, birth certificate should be in english? Local language is acceptable?
2) how much is the salary limit?

Posted On 12/6/2017 10:24:17 PM by SD


Yesterday i got vist visa for my parents from farwaniya , I submitted my marriage certificate (Arabic translation with foreign affairs stamp ) instead of birth certificate (parents name already mentioned in the marriage certificate )

Posted On 12/6/2017 10:36:39 PM by QWERTY

Thanks Karuna - nice info :)

Please can you explain what this "Clearance Certificate" is ?

Thnx once again & rgds

Posted On 12/7/2017 12:21:33 AM by SAn

Dear SD,

did they took original Arabic translated certificate?

Posted On 12/7/2017 12:33:33 AM by SD

Dear San

They will not take any orginal certificate. Photostat is required and keep the orginal with you for verification .

Posted On 12/7/2017 2:31:28 AM by Veera

Parents age restriction still applies, what is the age limit
Whose birth certificate ?

Posted On 12/7/2017 3:29:20 AM by Karuna Karan

@John, no need to attest the relationship certificate, actually they don't respect this embassy document anymore.. a document like Birth Certificate with parents name is important. Salary minimum 450 KD I guess.

I don't think they approve if your parents are born before 1950. That's the rule.

@AJ, 3 Months, Tourist, Mishref.

Clearance Certificate is used to proof there is no any legal case on the requester.

Posted On 12/9/2017 12:05:57 AM by RD X

any alternative to apply visit visa for parents if we donot have birth certificate ?

any alternate document for birth certificate ?


Posted On 12/9/2017 9:31:38 PM by AJ


That means we can get Visit visa for Mother in Law by using Attested Marriage certificate? As you know, parents name from both sides are mentioned in that.

Can anybody please clarify?

Posted On 1/3/2018 12:07:07 AM by Amit

In my marriage certificate, only father's name is mentioned from both sides. And I need to apply visit visa for my mother-in-law.
In that case, whether marriage certificate will suffice as MIL's passport has her husband's name and it will proof relationship or this will not work and I have to start working on the birth certificate which will have names of mother and father both?

Pl guide me...

Posted On 1/3/2018 12:32:39 AM by Krish

I also suffered a lot when I was in Kuwait for getting visit visa for my mom, in-laws due to the strict regulations over there.
I am now out of Kuwait after 12 years and in my country where I am staying now, this visit visa is not at all a problem. How much old your parents OR in-laws be

Posted On 1/3/2018 1:16:57 AM by pa

i want to call my parents here and i am on my husbands visa, do i need attested birth certificate of my parents or do i need my attested birth certificate.?

Posted On 1/3/2018 3:17:19 AM by AJ

You need your attested Birth Cert.

By the way, it would be a great help if all those who have applied for visit visa recently can share their experiences here.

All the content posted under the 'IIK Forum' are made by the readers of, unless specified otherwise. is not responsible for the opinions of the readers and the content posted by the readers are not representative of the views and opinions of takes no responsibility for the views expressed in the discussion.
Posting complaints with name/address changed or anonymously not allowed. Those accounts will be banned.
No complaints may be posted while impersonating (acting as a different person).
For any complaints about any person, business establishment or an entity, you must leave your verifiable contactable address & phone number otherwise your post will be deleted. 
Forum does not allow you to post defamatory / malicious post against any person or an entity.
Topics of nature related to disrespectfully criticize, impersonate, include personal details of, make false/malicious claims about; or negatively affect any member,  person or entity will be removed We appreciate your help in keeping IIK Forum clean and a pleasant experience for our readers. Search the forum before you start a new discussion to avoid repeating debates.

Frequently read topics...

How to start a topic for discussion?
Its easy! Click here to post your topic.
You need to login, if you are not already logged into IIK. If you are not yet a member, you can register here.
How to read and reply an existing topic?
You can view an existing discussion by clicking on that topic title. When you are in a discussion, you can share you reviews and opinions by clicking on the REPLY button on that page.